One of the hardest things to avoid, if you are prone to any kind of acne breakouts, is that one pimple that always pops up at the most inopportune time due to bad diet choices, hormonal changes, or even simple stress. You don’t have to live with that pesky pimple when there are a number of highly effective home remedies, as well as solutions recommended by dermatologists to clear it up in a flash.Here are a few tried and true methods for answering that age-old question of how to get rid of pimples:
[I.] Let’s start with Home Remedies, which are your best bet, since they utilize many items that you already have around the house. You can try as many or as few as you prefer basically without any out-of-pocket expense. Better still, they work!
1) Lemon Juice- Works well for its effective cleaning and bleaching. Halve the fresh lemon and use a cotton swab dipped in the lemon juice. Dab the swab onto the pimple, allowing the juice to dry. Repeat every couple of hours or so, always using fresh, never frozen or bottled lemon juice to avoid the preservatives.
2) Garlic- Garlic works well at reducing unsightly pimples because it functions as a natural antiseptic and due to its sulphur content. Mince one clove until it forms a paste, then apply the paste. Or, you can just cut the clove and put the cut end directly on the pimple. Leave on for about five to ten minutes, following with a cool water rinse. Repeat as needed.
3) Peppermint- It contains menthol and, if you’re lucky enough to have some fresh mint growing in your yard, simply pick some leaves, then grind into a pasty consistency. Apply the paste directly, allowing to dry. Rinse with cold water.
4) Honey- An excellent all-natural purifier for skin, honey blocks out dirt and pollutants and kills bacteria. Dab some on your pimple and leave on for a while, or make into a honey mask and put it all over your face. Rinse with warm water.
5) Tea Tree Oil- The skin soothing properties and natural bacteria killer in this healing oil are nearly miraculous and so easy to use. Just dip a Q-tip in it and apply once a day, repeating until the pimple disappears. Use it sparingly because too much could worsen thebreakout.
6) Papaya- It’s quite good for cleaning the skin and fighting pimples. Mash a small amount into a paste and dab on the pimple. Let set, wash off, splash with cool water. Repeat a few times per day.
7) Cucumber Mask- Soothes skin and reduces redness. Mince until it becomes pasty and either apply just to the pimple, or all over your face. Let it set for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse with cool water.
8) Mouthwash- Wipe Listerine, or even a generic antiseptic mouthwash, onto the pimple orentire face. The alcohol in the mouthwash works well at drying up pimples and unclogging pores. Be sure to moisturize, as alcohol is drying.
9) Toothpaste- The bacteria-fighting ingredient in this bathroom staple eliminates the bacteria that leads to clogged pores. Use only white, not gel toothpaste, and simply dab it on. The best time to do this is at night, for obvious reasons, then rinse off in the a.m.
10) Steam- This opens the pores, making them simpler to cleanse. Just fill a bowl or pot with hot water, place your face over it and put a towel over your entire head, thereby trapping the moist air in. Stay that way for about ten minutes, then use your regular facial cleanser for a thorough cleansing.
11) Baking Soda Paste- It’s great for cleaning just about any surface, so it stands to reason that it can work on pimples as well. Mix a little bit with a small amount of water to make a thick, not runny, paste. Dab it onto the pimple, letting it stay on for 15 to 20 minutes or just until it dries, then rinsing with cool water. Do this a few times per day until the pimple diminishes.
[II.] Or, Try One or More of These Products or Methods for clearer skin:
1) Salicylic Acid- To dry up oil and kill bacteria, or soap with salicylic acid
2) Retinol Products- Try an over-the-counter or prescription product
3) Benzoyl Peroxide- Once a day can dry up excess oil and kill bacteria
4) Steroid injection- Dermatologist administered to reduce swelling and redness
5) Sonic Cleanser-Like an electric toothbrush for your skin and cleaner pores
6) Ice-Reduce redness and swelling by holding ice on pimple for 30 minutes
7) Aspirin Mask- Grind up, add water, put paste on pimple, reduces inflammation
8) Keep Skin Clean- Easiest method of all, wash at least twice a day and use plenty of cleansing pads between cleansing